- HKHS collects by fair and lawful means, holds and uses personal data relating to its employment applicants, employees, ex-employees and/or their dependents for various employment related purposes (“the said purposes”).
Examples of the said purposes include:
- processing of employment applications;
- salary and benefits review and administration;
- consideration for promotion, training, secondment, transfer, career development or manpower planning purposes;
- conducting employment reference;
- review of human resources policies and practices;
- activities in compliance with various Ordinance and legislative requirements;
- other related purposes.
- Data required and collected by HKHS from its employment applicants and employees from time to time are necessary for the said purposes. Therefore, failure to supply the data will result in HKHS being unable to fulfill the said purposes.
- Data collected and held by HKHS for the said purposes will be treated in strict confidence. However, personal data may be transferred or disclosed, when necessary, to:
- any agent, contractor, consultant and third party service provider in Hong Kong or elsewhere who provide services to HKHS in connection with the operations or business of HKHS, or owe a duty of confidentiality to HKHS, e.g. external auditors, medical practitioners, trustees, benefits administrators, insurance companies;
- relevant Government departments/appropriate authorities as required by law, e.g. Inland Revenue Department, Labour Department;
- such other persons, firms or companies the disclosure to whom is consented to by the data subject or required by law or court order.
- Retention Policy:
- Personal data of successful applicants collected during the recruitment process will become part of their personnel records and will be used for employment purposes.
- If application is unsuccessful, your personal data will be retained by HKHS for a period of no more than 24 months counting from the latest of the date of ending of the relevant recruitment process or the date on which last provided HKHS with your personal data. When there are relevant vacancies within HKHS during that period, we may transfer selected applications to the relevant department for consideration of employment. HKHS take steps to ensure that your personal data is disposed of securely.
- Under the Ordinance, you have the right to access to your personal data held by HKHS and to request correction of the data.
Address: Hong Kong Housing Society
8/F, 1063 King’s Road, Quarry Bay, Hong Kong