Hong Kong Express Airways Limited ("Our Company", “we”, “us”) respects the privacy of the information provided by users and will endeavor to ensure that proper protection is given to such information.
Our Company pledges to meet, and where possible exceed, internationally recognized standards of data privacy protection, in complying with the law of confidence and/or the requirements of the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance (Cap. 486 of the Laws of Hong Kong) or the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679, whichever is applicable. In doing so, Our Company will ensure compliance by our staff with the strictest standards of security and confidentiality.
1. Collection of Personal Data
Our Company may collect and process some or all of the following types of information from you:
- Information that you provide when you apply for a position at Our Company. This includes information provided through an online job site, our website, via email, in person at interviews and/or by any other method.
- We process personal details such as but not limited to name, contact details, address, date of birth, nationality, academic and professional qualifications, employment history, your right to work in a particular country, languages spoken, professional memberships and accreditations, your work objectives, civil and criminal records, health information and other data from your CV/resume or application or otherwise provided by you.
- Photographs and images from recorded assessments or from on site CCTV.
- Correspondence and email exchange with you.
- If you are to be considered for a particular position, we may also collect references from your nominated referees and we will inform you beforehand.
All the personal data we collect is held, used and disclosed for the purposes set out below.
2. Use of Personal Data
Our Company will hold and use your personal data for recruitment and other purposes, as follows:
- To enable you to submit your CV/resume generally and to apply for specific position(s) at Our Company.
- To consider your application in respect of a position which you have applied.
- To consider your application in respect of other positions.
- To communicate with you in respect of the recruitment process.
- For our data analysis, statistics or analytics purposes on an anonymous basis.
We may also release personal data to regulatory or law enforcement authorities, if they require us to do so. We may also seek your consent to collect, hold, use and disclose your personal data for any other purpose not listed above.
3. Your Rights
- Access, correction and deletion
You are entitled to have access to your personal information that Our Company holds. You can also request changes to be made to incorrect personal information and can ask for your personal information to be deleted if you legitimately think that the personal data is no longer necessary for the purposes which we originally collected or processed it for or we have not obtained or no longer have your consent to do so and therefore should not be processing that information or we are processing it incorrectly, except where retention of that personal information is required in the context of a legal dispute, or as otherwise required by law. If your request for access to or correction/deletion of your personal information is denied, the reason for doing so will be communicated to you. You may also request that Our Company stop using your personal information and contacting you and we will comply with your request.
Our Company reserves the right to levy a reasonable charge to meet the costs of providing you access to your personal information.
- Inquiries, objections and complaints
If you have any queries about this notice or your personal information generally, including questions about accessing your personal information or correcting it, you should contact the Talent Acquisition Team at email@example.com in the first instance. You may also withdraw consent to the processing of your personal information or submit complaints and/or objections to the processing of your personal information by sending a request in writing to: the Talent Acquisition Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
It is your responsibility to keep your personal information up to date so that Our Company can maintain accurate application records. You can manage all of your applicant data by accessing and updating your profile on our applicant tracking system or by contacting the Talent Acquisition Team at email@example.com.
When asked to remove a record from our database, Our Company will retain minimal personal information in order to prevent future contact and where required in accordance with applicable legal/regulatory requirements.
- Direct Marketing and Email Alerts
Our Company will not use personal information collected about you for the purposes offering you any products or services for personal or family consumption (“direct marketing”) or provide your personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purpose.
You may sign up and give your consent to receive our job alerts, newsletters and other information that you may find interesting. You may subscribe by providing your name, email address, residential address, contact number and CV/resume, which will be used for the purpose of keeping you informed by email of our latest positions, news and other information. If you no longer wish to receive the emails, unsubscribe links are provided in every email that you receive.
4. Retention of Personal Data
If you apply for a position at Our Company and your application is unsuccessful (or you withdraw from the recruitment process or decline our offer), Our Company will retain your information for a maximum period of 12 months after your application. Our Company retains this information for various reasons, including in case we face a legal challenge in respect of a recruitment decision, to consider you for other current or future positions at Our Company and to help us better understand, analyze and improve our recruitment processes.
If you do not want us to retain your information for consideration for other positions, or want us to update it, please contact the Talent Acquisition Team at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note, however, that we may retain some information if required by law or as necessary to protect Our Company from potential legal claims.
6. Interpretation of PDPO and GDPR