Applicants who are currently NOT employed by Bank of China (Hong Kong) Limited and applying job opportunities through this website hosted by PageUp, please read the following terms and conditions.
Bank of China (Hong Kong) Limited
Terms & Conditions and Notice to Applicants Relating to the Personal Data
(Privacy) Ordinance ("Ordinance")
For the purpose of applying for position with Bank of China (Hong Kong) Limited ("BOCHK") online, you must read carefully and acknowledge the following terms and conditions by selecting "Yes" should you wish to continue. If you do not agree to any of the following terms and conditions, please DO NOT submit any of your personal data to us.
1. Website hosted by PageUp
This website is hosted and maintained by PageUp data centre in Singapore under a service agreement with BOCHK. The Service agreement with PageUp requires PageUp to strictly comply with the Ordinance in dealing with your personal data. Data collected through this website would be stored at PageUp's data centre in Singapore and would be passed to BOCHK for consideration of your application. PageUp will process your personal data only as a service provider and as data processor in accordance with the instructions received from BOCHK, data user, and any request for access should be passed on to BOCHK.
2. Collection of Personal Data
Your data are collected to assess the suitability of your job application. BOCHK may collect your basic personal data including your name, e-mail address, contact phone number, educational background, and curriculum vitae. Failure to supply such data may result in BOCHK being unable to process your employment application.
3. Purpose for Collection of Personal Data
Your personal data are collected through this website for the purpose of:
- processing your employment application;
- determining and reviewing salaries, bonuses and other benefits should be employed;
- conducting reference check with your previous employers;
- consideration for promotion, transfer or secondment;
- monitoring compliance with internal rules of BOCHK; and
- any other purposes directly or indirectly relating to the compliance by BOCHK of any of the employment or statutory obligations
4. Use of Personal Information
Your personal data held by BOCHK will be kept confidential but BOCHK may provide and disclose such data to the following parties for the purposes set out in the previous paragraph:
- the holding company, the subsidiaries or affiliates of BOCHK, wherever located;
- any government department or judicial authorities of the Hong Kong SAR if so required by any of the ordinances or rules;
- any agent, contractor, professional adviser or third party service provider who provides administrative, data processing, insurance, provident fund, medical services, legal services or other services to BOCHK in connection with the operation of its business and has undertaken to keep such data confidential, wherever located;
- persons who have your prescribed consent for the disclosure in accordance with S.2(3) of the Ordinance; and
- any actual or proposed purchaser of the business of BOCHK or, in the case of any merger, acquisition or other public offering, the purchaser or subscriber for shares in BOCHK.
You hereby specifically consent to BOCHK transferring our personal data to a place outside Hong Kong in case any of the above persons or companies is located outside Hong Kong.
5. Retention Policy of Personal Data
For the purpose of future recruitment exercises of BOCHK or its holding company, subsidiaries or affiliates and in the case of unsuccessful application, BOCHK will retain your personal data collected in this application for a period up to 12 months (counting from the date of the letter of rejection issued by BOCHK). You may, however, require BOCHK to destroy all your personal data collected in this application should you disagree with the use for this purpose. Nevertheless, BOCHK may retain your personal data for a longer period if there is a subsisting reason that obliges BOCHK to do so, or if it is necessary for BOCHK to fulfill its contractual, legal or regulatory obligations.
6. The Right of Access and Correction
You have the right:
- to check whether BOCHK holds data about you and have access to such data;
- to require BOCHK to correct any data relating to you which is inaccurate; and
- to ascertain BOCHK's policies and practices in relation to data and to be informed of the kind of personal data relating to you held by BOCHK
BOCHK has the right to charge you reasonable fees for processing of any of your data access request.
You may make your request for access to data or correction of data or for information regarding policies and kinds of personal data held by BOCHK relating to you to :
Human Resources Service Centre
21/F, Bank of China Centre, Olympian City 1, 11 Hoi Fai Road, West Kowloon
Telephone Number: (852) 3198 8650
Fax Number: (852) 2749 2077
Nothing in this Notice shall limit the rights of the Applicants under the Ordinance.