1. Application of Policy
This Policy is based on the Singapore Personal Data Protection Act 2012 (“PDPA”) and all the associated regulations and guidelines as may from time to time be issued by the Personal Data Protection Commission (“PDPC”) of Singapore. In jurisdictions outside of Singapore, NTUC First Campus Co-operative Limited’s practices may be subject to different or more restrictive local laws.
2. Collection of Personal Data
For the purpose of carrying on the NTUC First Campus Co-operative Limited’s business, including registration and administration of our related products and services (including relevant online services), you may be requested to provide personal data such as, but not limited to, the following, without which it may not be possible to satisfy your request:
- Full Name;
- Residential Address;
- Identity card number;
- Payment details, including credit card and banking information;
- Contact details, including telephone number or email address
When you visit our website, we may assign your computer one or more “cookies.” By accessing our website, you agree that we can place cookies on your device.
Most browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can modify your browser setting to decline cookies. Generally, you can remove these cookies by following directions provided in your Internet browser’s “help” file. If you choose not to allow us to place a cookie on your computer, you may be restricted from some services and some of the interactive features offered on our websites may be similarly restricted or rendered inoperable.
3. Use of Personal Data Collected
NTUC First Campus Co-operative Limited either currently uses or may in the future use your personal data for any purpose not prohibited by applicable law. This includes the following purposes:
- For processing any applications or requests for new products or services;
- For the daily operation of the services;
- For administrating or managing the relationship between NTUC First Campus Co-operative Limited and the customer;
- For conducting identity checks;
- For revenue collection or debt recovery;
- To complying with any law or the requirements of any regulatory authority;
- To update the customer on our products and services;
- To respond to customer enquiries;
- To obtain feedback from customers;
- For fulfilling internal audit requirements to compile information for analysis and in reports to regulatory agencies;
- To make disclosure to any member of NTUC First Campus or third party service provider (or a subsidiary, holding company or related organisation thereof) who provides administrative, telecommunications, computer, payment, debt collection or clearing, data processing or other services to NTUC First Campus Co-operative Limited in connection with the operation of its business;
- To market and promote products, services and facilities of NTUC Social Enterprises and NTUC–related organisations.
4. Disclosure of Personal Data
All personal data held by NTUC First Campus Co-operative Limited will be kept confidential but NTUC First Campus Co-operative Limited may, where such disclosure is necessary to satisfy the purpose, or a directly related purpose, for which the data was collected provide such information to the following parties:
- Any associated organisations or affiliates controlled by, or under common control with NTUC First Campus Co-operative Limited;
- Any person or company who is acting for or on behalf of NTUC First Campus Co-operative Limited, or jointly with NTUC First Campus Co-operative Limited, in respect of the purpose or a directly related purpose for which the data was provided;
- Any financial institutions, charge or credit card issuing companies, credit bureau, or collection agencies necessary to establish and support the payment of any services being requested.
Personal data may also be disclosed for the purposes set out in this policy or to any person or persons that have a right under Singaporean law to gain access to such information provided they are able to prove their authority to access such information.
5. Withdrawal of Consent
For direct marketing purposes
NTUC First Campus Co-operative Limited will honor an individual’s request not to use his or her personal data for the purposes of direct marketing. Any such request should clearly state details of the personal data in respect of which the request is being made. NTUC First Campus Co-operative Limited may use any of the data collected in the normal course of its business for marketing purposes if consent was provided.
To collect, use, disclose or retain personal data:
You may withdraw your consent for us to collect, use, disclose and retain personal data that we have on you. If you withdraw your consent or if your consent is not adequate, you agree that we may not be able to continue providing services to you. To withdraw your consent for us to collect, use or disclose your personal data, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
6. Access and Correction of Personal Data
If you wish to access, update or otherwise change or remove any information that you provide to us, please contact us at: email@example.com.
7. Accuracy of Personal Data
NTUC First Campus Co-operative Limited keeps personal data as accurate, complete and up-to-date as necessary, taking into account its use and the interests of our customers. Where possible, we will validate data provided using generally accepted practices and guidelines. This includes the requests to see original documentation before we may use the personal data such as with Personal Identifiers and/or proof of address.
8. Protection of Personal Data
NTUC First Campus Co-operative Limited protects personal data against loss or theft, as well as unauthorised access, disclosure, copying, use or modification with security safeguards appropriate to the sensitivity of the personal data, regardless of the format in which it is held.
We use various methods to safeguard personal data. They include:
- Physical measures: locked filing cabinets, restriction of access to offices, and security systems.
- Technical measures: passwords and encryption, using generally industry best practices.
- Administrative measures: confidentiality agreements, limiting access on a need-to-know basis, staff training and security clearances.
Online security is also a priority. NTUC First Campus Co-operative Limited incorporates security measures such as encryption and authentication tools to protect personal data from unauthorised use. Firewalls are utilised to protect our servers and network from unauthorised users accessing and tampering with files and other information that we store.
9. Retention of Personal Data
NTUC First Campus Co-operative Limited will retain your personal data only for as long as the purposes for which such data is collected or used (as notified to you) continues, or where necessary for our legal or business purposes. Thereafter, NTUC First Campus Co-operative Limited will delete or destroy the personal data, or remove the means by which the data can be associated with you.
Changes to Policy